Monday, March 18, 2013

A Fresh Start


I realized this weekend as I was sharing a photograph on Facebook chronicling my journey to improve my photography I seem to have put my blog aside. Time to dust the keyboard off and bring my blog back to life.

While dog sports are my number one photography focus I embarked on a Learning Journey aimed at improving my skills. I read a comment this week from a photographer I respect which struck a chord. “..owning a camera does not make you a photographer. Education is what makes you a photographer…”.

Figuring trying to capture small, fast moving creatures would help my dog sport photography I started practicing on birds. It has taken on a life of its own. I never had any idea the detailed beauty I have found in some, the personalities of some, the fierceness in some. It has been a grand journey I started which I expect to go on for years.

Enjoy.