Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Only Allowed One Adobe Product?



What would you choose.

Following on the heels of yesterday’s blog I thought I would continue with processing thoughts. As I was able to start devoting more time to photography and learning the digital side of things I struggled to find a manageable way to crop and adjust white balance or any other needs with a photograph. I started with Adobe Photoshop Elements as I was under the same general mindset of the public that Photoshop was a manipulation of photographs and I didn’t need to be a designer. I just wanted to make good photographs. Getting to do some specialty photos was a plus but my main use was cropping, adjust tones and adding a watermark. That was it.

One day I was reading a work flow and Lightroom was brought up as critical to this specific photographer’s work. I downloaded a trial copy and my photography world changed. I still remember the excitement as I tried each tool out. I remember the feeling as if I had just walked into a darkroom again. It was a digital darkroom. The only thing missing were the chemicals and a darkbag. Add the ability to help organize and manage your images, export to a number of file types and ability to print packages you have a product that is versatile.



4 comments:

  1. I am still trying to learn LR. I bought it at Christmas and I feel like a duck out of water with it. I so want to learn it. Any great places to go to watch videos? Love your squirrel photo - It's not a bird!
    Julie
    www.raisingthreeknightsandaprincess.com
    www.julieworthyphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started at the Adobe TV and watched every tutorial. I also had a trial offer at lynda.com. they were very good.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I worked for Bellsouth too.....only 5 years though. Sold YP advertising!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) the phone company is such a small world isnt it! I find people all the time and there is that connection.

      Delete