Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fierce


 
When I started using the birds in my neighborhood and learning tools for photography I had no idea how unique some were. I never thought of sparrows as anything except little brown/gray drab birds. As I started with capturing them while they sat still I started to notice the contrast and crispness of the colors in their feather patterns. They started to become individual birds.

I put up a bird feeder to encourage more birds to come to the yard giving me more opportunities to capture more birds. I started to notice how the males seemed to stand watch while the little gray females ate at the feeder.

As my technique improved at capturing crisp focus I moved to attempting to capture them in flight. As I culled each session I my impression of sparrows as cute little birds They are actually quite fierce. I think of them as little warriors now.

Enjoy some of the captures.

No comments:

Post a Comment